12 11 / 2012
We are a tool to enable you to connect and discover new and meaningful relationships in life. We are in a constant process of development to answer your needs and improve your experience of our service. In this post we are updating you about our continued efforts to develop new experiences that we think will make connecting better via amgonna.com.
As we are moving towards an exciting new release towards the new year, here are a few minor updates to the platform.
1. We have added an improved look and feel with better organization of information.
2. We now display people who are interested on broad categories of shared intent and action. This can help you connect with interested people who really want ‘to do’ something.
3. An improved snippet for people’s profiles. We now show a better short profile of you and your follower base. Just hover on people’s names or images and you will get a quick idea about them. A good bio builds trust as well as interest in you or in the plan you are part of.
4. Most of the feedback received by us pointed towards the “topic” as being the main anchor of the user’s attention as well as his reason to be interested. Hence we have decided to make the topic ( or reason ) for getting together more prominent. We are changing the system to reflect the same. Now, the topic photo and title are highlighted first and then the person who proposes.
5.Proposing a plan with a photo is better now with integration of Google photo API.
6. A new feature enabling you to ask for confirmation of participation has been added. This allows somebody who is proposing a plan to ask others who are interested to confirm participation. The system asks for the confirming party’s mobile number which will be useful for coordinating on the ground.
Please do let us know what you think about these updates through the feedback button or mail us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or just click here.
30 9 / 2012
03 8 / 2012
What is cooking?
We have been hard at work the last month and a half taking in feedback and developing a new experience. We will be unveiling a brand new recipe in the coming weeks. A brand new ‘amgonna’ experience of ‘doing things’ together.
We have been listening to you and here are some feedback we have collected and which we plan to address in our next release:
* One of the main feedback that we have been getting is on engaging users better on plans and interests shared by other users. Although the platform is geared to engage and connect with people outside ‘amgonna.com’, we were not doing enough with the way we are connecting within the platform.
* There are many intentions and plans that have been posted on the platform belonging to the same “interest”. Although we provide ‘tag’ based aggregation, We believe our users will benefit a lot if we connect them to plans and “interested people” based on similar interest better.
* Better people discovery based on your networks,interests and other affinities. A plan is as good as the ‘relevant’ people it attracts. We are improving the way you find people on the platform and the way you will connect to them.
These are only a select few updates. There more exciting ones we will update you with soon. So keep getting together and having fun…via amgonna. Please do keep giving your inputs, they are valuable to us. Mail us at: email@example.com
Permalink 1 note
11 6 / 2012
Fun and discovery
When we started working on amgonna, it never occurred to us that we would end up having so much fun. Its been a month and quite a ride so far. We have a small but thriving community of ~250 private beta users on the platform and 20% of the user base is active. We would like to thank the community for all the feedback and hope they continue to get some great experience via amgonna.
Here are some of the updates from last week on amgonna:
The weekend release of ‘The Avengers’ got quite a crowd from amgonna.
More new interesting activities are in store with a whole host of plans being made. So don’t wait and join in on the fun on amgonna.com.
11 6 / 2012
Stars,movies and masti!
Ever got goose bumps watching the planets , stars and the vast expanse of the sky for real? Neil Ghosh’s astronomy activity at Gandipet drew a crowd of sorts and an out of the world celestial experience. A caravan of 5 cars with 20 people moved in search of dark areas,to avoid the noise of the city’s lights for a tryst with celestial bodies.For more about the experience check Neil’s blog.
Titanic in 3D had an audience with Taufiq,Srikanth and 2 more people meeting up for a dinner & movie at Prasads Imax. We don’t know their reaction yet about watching Kate closeup but will update you in a later post or just follow them on amgonna :).
11 6 / 2012
Kick starting get togethers in hyderabad
The last week was eventful with the community getting together on very interesting activities. Here are the updates from some of them.
There was a small gathering for eager explorers of the world of darkness. Niranjan and few others gathered to meet in darkness for a dinner with a difference. Check their experience out on this plan page.
11 6 / 2012
Johnny Reid - Today #amGonna Try To Change The World
11 6 / 2012
Am gonna try explaining!
Twitter: I need to Exercise.
Amgonna: I am gonna Exercise. Wanna join?
Facebook: I Exercised. ……
Foursquare: This is where I Exercise.
Quora: Why am I Exercising?
YouTube: Look at this Exercise!
Linkedin: I am good at Exercise.
MySpace: Why did everyone Exercise & Leave :-(
Google+: Lets all Exercise together in circles!
11 6 / 2012
Looking to pack some action in your day?
11 6 / 2012
What can I do tonight?
Did you ever ask yourself this question on a dull saturday evening? Ever wonder what others might be planning this weekend? Ended up watching a downloaded movie yourself? Well, may be you did, may be you did not. Raw statistics indicate ~ 10 million users or more are looking for the same answer every month. We looked around the internet to find services that answer this question. We found out that there are so many out there providing pointers for “places to go” , “things to do in the city” , “places to eat” etc but somehow some thing was still missing. We call it “the social dimension”.
We wanted something more social ..something that could help us meet ‘real’ people sharing similar interests as us or something that would just help us keep track of plans shared by our network. So we decided to do something about it and amgonna.com was our solution. Amgonna is a service where you can discover new interesting things to do around you, meet people who share your interests and help people with what to do.
Contact us: team at amgonna dot com